congodiaspora
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -23%
EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G6 – Alimentation PC 100% ...
Voir le deal
77.91 €

Why The Elections Will Not Solve The Country's Problems.

2 participants

Why The Elections Will Not Solve The Country's Problems. Empty Why The Elections Will Not Solve The Country's Problems.

Message  ' 30/12/2018, 2:55 am

It has been a long time since I posted on this forum. I have many reasons for that , but I think the main reason was because I completely lost faith in the future of the country. But for some reason, I told myself not to be so pessimistic because if a country such as Rwanda could rise up after a terrible genocide, why not Congo? Then, I seemed to be overwhelmed by a deep sense of pessimism again.

Personally I think the elections won't (re)solve the DR Congo's problems. And why I say this? 90% of the Congolese population and leaders seem not to understand the historical reasons of why such a territory seems to be stuck where it is now:

1. Congo was a personal Colony of the Belgian King who was given territory mainly because the rival European powers(France, Britain, Germany and Portugal and USA) would not let any among themselves to rule/run it. And due to excessive brutality of the Belgian King, the Belgian authority reluctantly accept the take over the control of the territory.(https://www.britannica.com/event/Berlin-West-Africa-Conference)
2. The Belgian colonization was probably even worst than the South African Apartheid system or their fellow European colonies since the authorities had no intention to empower the local leaders populations preferring to keep them in complete subjugation both physically and mentally. (https://www.britannica.com/place/Democratic-Republic-of-the-Congo/Belgian-paternalism-and-the-politics-of-decolonization)

3. The decolonization was complete debacle mainly because of the Congolese leaders of that time did not have a clear and long term vision on how to run the country. Everyone had a fair share of responsibility starting with Lumumba, who was not really suitable candidate for the the position that he occupied during the events.

4. Instead of pursuing the road of decolonization, the successive leaders of the country(Mobutu and the Kabilas) kept on cozying up with the western powers, thus maintaining the same colonial system(French language and culture, Catholicism and different western church denominations, legal system, buying and keeping assets in Western countries)

In my humble opinion, I believe Dr Congo needs to be inspired and adopt the Asian or Israeli approach of governance instead of maintaining the status quo. The French should be abolished as the national language, the country should put a lot emphasizing in national identity by promoting a more unifying narrative of the history of the country, trying to diminish French and Belgium influence in Congo while winning new friends elsewhere- I still can't believe that the majority of the Congolese intelligentsia receive their education either in France or Belgium. the education should be a top priority and the military service should be mandatory, the role of the Catholic church in the public affairs should also be diminished. The central government should have a mercantilist approach of the econonmy. The country should be run under a broad consensus of political, economical, military, and civil societies.

'

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Why The Elections Will Not Solve The Country's Problems. Empty Re: Why The Elections Will Not Solve The Country's Problems.

Message  GHOST 30/12/2018, 4:22 pm

Sad IN THE PAST

When you are in the past, reading the history by looking behind, how can you tell the future ?

The future belong to the future.. Racontez le futur du Congo en lisant les histoires du passé n´est pas une bonne approche.

Les élections peuvent corriger beaucoups des choses.. La première est la "gouvernance".. Le futur président ne sera plus une copie de Mobtu-LDK-Joé le taxi..
Le premier changement est cette determination á ne plus faire de la "présidence" une monarchie qui decide toute seule de la gestion du pays !

Si les congolais peuvent cesser de considerer les "conseillers" du président comme des "ministres" et le président comme un "roi".. le changement est dèjà visible.
GHOST
GHOST

Why The Elections Will Not Solve The Country's Problems. Empty Re: Why The Elections Will Not Solve The Country's Problems.

Message  ' 10/1/2019, 8:51 pm

As long as Congolese keep on using the French as the official language, adopting European Christianity as their religions,sending their children in Europe for schooling, keep seeing Western Europe societies as the model nothing will change.

'

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé